Join the revolution - StartCom Linux  
Join the revolution - StartCom Linux

Official StartCom Public User Forum

FAQ FAQ   View the advanced search options Advanced search   Members Members   Groups Groups  Register Register 
 User Control Panel User Control Panel       Login Login 

Post subject: Support code 0x85010014 when trying to sync
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:35 am 

Hi

I've been using a StartCom cert for my owa for a month or so now and have found it to be fantastic so firstly, thanks very much!

Yesterday morning I took delivery of our company's first mobile device (htc s620) and set about configuring it. I firstly configured active sync with the correct address, told it to use ssl and stuck in the username, password and domain. This produced the error code 0x80072F0D because I'd been stupid and completely failed to install the certificate on the device.

having then installed the certificate the error code changes to 0x85010014 which, according to various other sources including Microsoft, indicates that the problem is that SSL doesn't work with ActiveSync and I've got to set up a seperate Virtual Directory not using SSL.

Now, I'm a little dubious about this for a couple of reasons. Firstly, there's no way I'm having a mobile device send un-encrypted usernames and passwords to my server - if that's the only option the device is going back. And secondly, it seems that other people are managing just fine. I can't believe that everyone out there is using ActiveSync without security.

I've since removed all of the certificates and reinstalled them as per the sticky about WM5.0 but I'm getting exactly the same results.

So... can anyone offer any advice?

Thanks in advance

Kelv

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:40 pm 
Site Admin

Please see this thread: viewtopic.php?t=610

Installing the StartCom root to the mobile should solve the problem.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:53 pm 

Hi

All certificates were installed - the 0x85010014 message relates to some kind of ActiveSync/Security config issue.

If anyone else is having this I'd recommend following the instructions for method2 at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/817379.

Once you have done this ensure that your ActiveSync profile is still set to use SSL. It should all sync fine then. I'm not 100% happy as I think this should have just worked out of the box for me but I'm much happier knowing that the device is still using SSL to encrypt the username and password.

Hope this helps.

Kelv